To be eligible for a voting Membership, you must be a Democrat registered to vote in Hillsborough County, who is interested in the objectives of this Chapter. A Friend, or non-voting member, is someone who subscribes to the purpose and mission of this Caucus, however is not eligible to register to vote in Hillsborough County. Friends may speak at meetings and assist on committees, but may not vote. For different levels of membership, starting with a Individual Membership going through being a Benefactor, see our brochure.
As a member of the Caucus we encourage you to:
- Provide reasonable & on-going financial support to the cause;
- Promote participation among Democrats;
- Support & Elect the duly selected nominees of the Democratic Party in national, state & local elections
- Foster good fellowship among Democrats; and
- Encourage voter registration; and
- Advocate issues without discrimination on grounds of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, physical disability, gender identity or sexual orientation
How to join?
- Review The Requirements for membership above. Should you not meet the criteria for membership, you may still join as a Friend. Solutions to adjust your status to be able to join are listed below.
- Download Our Membership Brochure.
- Complete The Application for membership and return it with payment via the methods listed. For those seeking full membership, your check will not be cashed until all criteria is confirmed.
- The annual cost of membership for voting members or friends is:
- Individual $35
- Family $60
- Booster $70
- Sponsor $115
- Benefactor $515
Don’t Meet The Membership Criteria?
- Register To Vote. To become a registered voter, visit the Florida voter registration site..
- Switch Your Party Affiliation To Democrat. You can change your party affiliation through the State of Florida. To do so, visit the Florida voter registration site.
- Move To Hillsborough County.
- Join A Democratic Caucus In Your Area. For information on other Florida GLBT Democratic caucuses, visit the Florida GLBT Democratic Caucus web site.
To receive more information about the Caucus or to ask questions about its structure, e-mail us or call (813) 382-8172.